- 25 years as a counsellor in the Counselling Centre at Mount Royal University (formerly College) working with students on personal issues that interfered with their academic success.
- Private counselling for those in need of clearing issues in their lives or moving towards a happier way of being
- Facilitator for workshops on such topics as Assertiveness, Personality assessment via the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and True Colors, Grief recovery, Halting harassment for self and others, Mediation for conflict, Career planning.
- Teaching tools for peer counsellors and resident assistants.
- English composition
- Life skills
- Hosted a group for looking at spiritual lessons
- Currently volunteer as support for personal growth workshops based on spiritual beliefs.
Dr Shirley Winlaw-Tierney
Co-Author of the book, Breaking Free: A children’s book for adults.
- Bachelor of Arts at the University of Calgary
- Master of Education at the University of Toronto
- PhD at the University of Calgary
Professional Association Memberships:
- College of Alberta Psychologists
- Psychologists’ Association of Alberta
- Calgary Jung Society